is committed to the equipping of every person or leader with the knowledge and practical experience needed for effective ministry.
Teaching and equipping them to have the following:
- A deep, personal relationship with the Lord,
- Sensitivity to the Holy Spirit and the ability to know His voice,
- A solid foundational understanding of basic Christian doctrines,
- An in-depth knowledge of, and love for, the Scriptures,
- An overview of both secular and church history and the relationship of that history to the present state of the
- world and the church,
- A solid Christian world view, and a prophetic perspective from which to interpret current and future events,
- The knowledge and use of the gifts and ministries of the Holy Spirit,
- The vision and character required for Christian leadership,
- An understanding and commitment to God s purpose for the local church,
- An understanding and commitment to Gods purpose for Israel.
Operation Harvest is committed to the belief that the local church is supposed to be the true school of ministry. There is a belief than an average congregation know what their gifts or callings are and only a few of those are actually equipped and functioning in their calling. This state of affairs undermines the effectiveness of its functioning. The School of Ministry is the initial step in our commitment to fulfil the Ephesians 4 mandate to equip the saints for the work of the ministry, ?For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ…?
The Operation Harvest School of Ministry is embedded to serve three basic parts of the overall vision of Operation Harvest:
- First is the equipping, oversight, and support of ministries related to Operation Harvest.
- Second is to use the relationship that Operation Harvest has with many different parts of the body of Christ to promote interchange, understanding and friendship between them.
- Third is for the mobilizing of spiritual forces for the sake of the gospel.